Thursday, January 12, 2006

Allow me to introduce myself

So here I am starting up a blog of my own. While not entirely new to the blogging scene, this is a first for me so bear with me if there's some growing pains. Those of you that know or knew me will recognize me right away, and I'd love to hear back from the "lost" friends from way back when.

Now, why would you want to read my blog? Well, simply, for the stories. I'm a 31 year old nut for old cars, mostly stuff most people have never heard of. And I drive my cars. Everywhere. Can you even imagine setting out on a 1600 mile trip in a 1970 Opel Kadett you've only had for 2 weeks? How about driving a similar Kadett 600 miles sans brakes, because you had to and no one had any parts? Have you seen both US coasts, by car, within 6 days of each other, while living in rural SD? These are all easy stories, the bread and butter if you will. The humdingers are what you need to stick around for.

I'm also a damn decent guy, and I'll bet eventually after a while you'll find yourself drawn back whether you really want to come here or not. Maybe I'm wrong, but only time will tell.